Are you looking for a role where you genuinely make a difference to the business you work for? Where you lead, have the ability to learn, develop your skills and eventually run all aspects of a case under supervision? Where you’re at the forefront of the company? If so, our team are looking for a Paralegal to join us.
We are looking for a paralegal to assist the company in providing high quality legal advice and assistance to clients of the firm and to contribute to maintaining high standards of client care. This will involve providing effective administrative support to the Partners.
The candidate will develop skills to enable them to run all aspects of a case from conferencing with clients, to drafting, attending Court hearings and seeing a case through to the end.
This is a temporary position whilst other staff are on prolonged annual leave from January to April 2019 but there is a possibility of the position being extended and/or the candidate being taken on in a full-time position, depending upon the market growth of the firm. We are also accredited to offer training contracts should we take someone on full time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Clerking court cases, attending legal visits;
- Preparation of correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing;
- Receiving and directing telephone calls;
- Maintaining diaries and making appointments when required;
- Conferencing with clients;
- Case work under the supervision of a Partner;
- Photocopying documents;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post;
- Ensuring file management in accordance with Quality Procedures Manual, LAA Contract, Lexcel and SQM requirements;
- Liaising with clients in person and by telephone, including conferencing;
- Liaising with others by telephone;
- Filing and other clerical duties;
- Taking client instructions and providing legal advice and assistance;
- Undertaking legal research and maintaining legal knowledge through training;
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures.
The following qualifications are desirable, though not essential:
- Law degree or equivalent;
- Police Station Qualification is not obligatory but willingness to become accredited is required.
It is essential that candidates possess the following attributes:
- A Personable manner;
- An ability to deal with potentially difficult and demanding clients;
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Self-motivation;Remove featured image
- Computer literate.
Previous experience in a legal office is essential.
9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Open plan office
Job Type: Part-time
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in the position.